Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sold Out means nothing and Fun.

I hit the most amazing concert on Thursday night. I saw the grammy-nominated band Fun. I scored a 7th row orchestra seat (on the side) from a mom who didn't want to go. She was leaving the box office area saying, "I have a really good ticket here. Someone should buy it." Fortunately (not luckily), I was there as she walked out. I paid face value - $36 plus the 6 TicketMaster fee. This proves once again that "Sold Out" doesn't mean you can't go or that you have to buy from scalpers. I was going to the box office to see if they were releasing tickets held for music industry folks.

After the show, I tried to meet the pretty musician in the touring band. I went to stand by the tour buses to see if I might see her as she was walking out. Would you believe that as I was talking to other fans in this area, the musician was outside the back door, smoking a cigarette and talking on her phone. No one mentioned this to me because they didn't know I wanted to meet her. Then when I told them I did want to meet her, they said I just missed her. Not that all of this matters as her Facebook page has a photo of her wedding ring. I never got to see the band because by midnight I was freezing and tired and a bus was coming then or in another 30 minutes, so I left before the band left. Still an amazing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment